The State of Massachusetts Department of Public Health has developed safety standards designed to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission to customers and employees. These standards and guidelines must be understood and followed for all students, family members, employees and guests before entering our facility. Please note that additional updates and changes to this list are ongoing based on new information and guidelines set by the State of Massachusetts, Town of Dartmouth, and Management Team of Bay State Movement Academy. We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this very difficult time for all of our students, families, staff, and friends. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns with the following details, information, and guidelines.
- Social Distancing
- All persons, including employees, customers, and vendors should remain at least six feet apart to the greatest extent possible.
- Established protocols are in place to ensure that employees can practice adequate social distancing.
- Signage is in place for safe social distancing.
- Required face coverings or masks for all employees, students, visitors and guests while in the gym and on Bay State Movement Academy property. Students may remove masks only in specific designated areas in the facility.
- Students should plan to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of class wearing a mask and ready to participate. Students will enter the building staying socially distanced with their small backpack and immediately go to their designated spot surrounding the floor. If needed, please properly wash hands.
- Students should arrive to class dressed and ready to go with a small backpack to place their shoes, sweatshirt, water bottle, hand sanitizer, and a personal ziploc bag of chalk (if needed). Students will travel from one event to the next with their personal backpack. After class, students should pack up and exit the facility with their parent/guardian immediately. There will not be cubbies available to store personal belongings in the gym.
- During class, students will be spaced six feet apart to the best of our ability. Rotations, stations, and warm-ups are all designed to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Parkour and Ninja Ostacle Training are sports that may require some spotting and physical contact.
- Parent viewing mezzanine has been modified and marked with viewing areas separated six feet apart. Please social distance.
- BSMA will limit the overall number of people in the facility to ensure it does not exceed the states’40% of the buildings maximum permitted occupancy.
- Per the State of Massachusetts, 1 spectator per student is allowed.
- Bathrooms have limited capacity.
- Although we encourage sportsmanship and support for others, please do so in a touchless manner. Please no high-fives, handshakes, hugs, or fist pumps.
- Please do not stop and congregate in any area of the gym. The front desk area must remain open and free from all traffic with the exception of entering and exiting the building. Most information can be handled online or over the phone; but if needed, please see the front desk and maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Hygiene Protocols
- Handwashing stations are available for students, families, and guests in the Ladies and Mens rooms on the first floor. Adequate signage is posted to remind everyone to wash their hands regularly.
- Handwashing stations will be regularly sanitized and restocked with adequate soap and paper towel supplies.
- Please ensure that your child has a personal water bottle in his/her backpack for personal use. Please no sharing of water.
- There will be no food consumption allowed in the gym.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the gym.
- All shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each class.
- Staffing and Operations
- All BSMA employees have been educated and trained on the social distancing and hygiene protocols set forth for reopening.
- Any BSMA employee that shows any sign of COVID-19 symptoms has been instructed not to report to work.
- BSMA Management has posted signs asking that anyone showing signs of COVID-19 symptoms refrain from entering the facility.
- BSMA Management encourages any worker who tests positive for COVID-19 to disclose to the workplace employer for purposes of cleaning, disinfecting and contact tracing. If the employer is notified of a positive case at the workplace, the employer shall notify the local Board of Health (LBOH) in the town of Dartmouth and assist the LBOH as reasonably requested to advise likely contacts to isolate and self-quarantine. Testing of other workers may be recommended consistent with guidance and/or at the request of the LBOH.
- Class rosters may be used for contact tracing purposes.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Front desk, parent viewing area, restrooms, doorknobs and other high traffic areas will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- If an active employee tests positive for COVID-19, cleaning and disinfecting will be performed.
- Equipment and stations out on the floor will be cleaned and disinfected regularly by the coaching staff.
- Health Checklist for all Students, BSMA Staff and Visitors
- Before leaving your home and coming to Bay State Movement Academy, check yourself for signs of illness (COVID-19). If you have any one of the following, please stay home: fever above 100.4 degrees, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle ache, new loss of smell or taste, runny nose, nausea, and/or diarrhea.
- Any individual who has tested positive for Covid-19 must stay home until cleared by a medical provider.
- Any individual who has recently had a close contact with a person with Covid-19 should stay home and contact their medical provider for guidance.
- If a child complains to a coach or staff member during class that he/she is not feeling well, we will ask the parent/guardian to take them home. If needed, we will isolate the student in the office next to the front desk until he/she is picked up.
- BSMA reserves the right to take the temperature of any student, staff member, or visitor on the property. If an individual’s temperature reads above 100.4 degrees, we will ask that individual and family members to leave immediately.
- Travel: All individuals entering the BSMA facility must adhere to the Massachusetts Covid-19 Travel Order: All visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, who do not meet an exemption, are required to:
- Complete the Mass. Travel form prior to arrival, unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Department of Public Health.
- Quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
- People at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, and those who live with them, should consider their level of risk before entering our facility and ensure they are taking steps to properly protect themselves.
- Parents and guardians of students, parents/guardians themselves, all staff members, and visitors to Bay State Movement Academy must understand that it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk of exposure to Covid-19. All presence and participation is voluntary acknowledging stated risks.
We are excited to announce that we are opening soon for fall classes! Our season will begin on September 8th and member registration will open Monday, August 17th. We look forward to seeing our students back in class very soon!
We will be closed for Thanksgiving 11/22. If you have a class scheduled for this day you can call us at (774)-328-9026 or message us HERE to schedule a makeup class!
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday!